[Mongrel] Meta-question: anonymity makes me cranky

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Wed Nov 7 11:53:04 EST 2007

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 09:47:50 -0600
Nathan Vack <njvack at wisc.edu> wrote:
> I think that SMTP makes absolutely no guarantee that I am actually
> Nathan Vack <njvack at wisc.edu>, nor that you are actually David Vrensk
> <david at vrensk.com>. All unsigned email is fundamentally unverified
> and should be treated as though it's essentially anonymous.
> It's all good and nice to put in a real name in your email client...
> but how would anyone know if you're lying?

Yep, and most of the anonymous questions are good questions without any astroturfing or trolling.  Be thankful this isn't the many other ruby lists where the problem is combined with griefers.

Now if I can just get back to working on Utu.

Zed A. Shaw
- Good: http://www.zedshaw.com/
- Evil: http://yearofevil.com/