[Mongrel] Meta-question: anonymity makes me cranky

Nathan Vack njvack at wisc.edu
Wed Nov 7 10:47:50 EST 2007

On Nov 7, 2007, at 9:14 AM, David Vrensk wrote:

> My ceasing to answer anonymous questions won't lead to a huge dip
> in the
> traffic on this list, of course, but perhaps others have already
> reacted in
> the same way, and we are missing a lot of good traffic already.
> What do you
> think?

I think that SMTP makes absolutely no guarantee that I am actually
Nathan Vack <njvack at wisc.edu>, nor that you are actually David Vrensk
<david at vrensk.com>. All unsigned email is fundamentally unverified
and should be treated as though it's essentially anonymous.

It's all good and nice to put in a real name in your email client...
but how would anyone know if you're lying?