[Mongrel] Mongrel and memory usage

Kirk Haines wyhaines at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 13:38:48 EST 2007

On 11/5/07, Steve Midgley <public at misuse.org> wrote:

> Thanks Kirk - I guess I'm totally OT at this point, but I hadn't heard
> about this bug before. From your description this is a specific problem
> to the underlying C code implementing shift, which is not found in
> related functions? So "array.slice!(0)" would be identical in function
> to shift but not contain this leak?

Yeah.  It looked to me like whoever wrote the original array.c code
just forgot something when writing the code, because it's just #shift
that has the problem.

This bug was fixed, but not until 1.8.6.  I know it is fixed as of at
least the last couple of patch releases.  I am unsure if it was fixed
in the original 1.8.6 release, however.

Kirk Haines