[Mongrel] Mongrel and memory usage

Robert Mela rob at robmela.com
Mon Nov 5 11:20:13 EST 2007

We're seeing that all the time with our Rails apps.   I'm looking at
four processes right now in the 700 to 900MB range.

My first guess is that it's something in Rails or our app.  After all,
that's where most of the code is.   You might try running requests
through WEBrick on a test server to see if the leak still occurs.  If
so, then you know at least part of it is Rails.

There's always nightly restarts ;)   Not my choice on how to do things,
but hey, it'll have to hold till I can fix bigger things.

What's the Ruby GC like?   Circular references a problem?