[Mongrel] mongrel not finding correct ruby path

Barun Singh barunio at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 06:00:12 EST 2007

hello all,

i have been trying to figure this out for the last few hours, and after
seemingly exhausting all the google search results, i figured i would try
this mailing list...

i just updated the ruby version on my ubuntu dapper drake box to the most
recent version.  i installed it into /usr/local/bin
problematically, the previous installation was in /usr/bin
mongrel still complains that:
"Ruby version is not up-to-date; loading cgi_multipart_eof_fix"

from looking at /usr/bin/mongrel_rails, i can see that the first line of the
file is:
#!/usr/bin/ruby1.8
which is the old version of ruby (1.8.4)
I tried changing the shebang to the correct path of
#!/usr/local/bin/ruby
but then it gave me an error that it couldn't find "rubygems"

every other method i could think of to have it point to the right place
(such as moving the new ruby binary into the /usr/bin directory along with
the rdoc, ri, etc. files) all resulted in the same problem with rubygems not
being found.

does anyone have any idea how i can get mongrel to see the correct, updated
version of ruby??

thanks...