[Mongrel] Server timeouts

Pete DeLaurentis pete at nextengine.com
Fri Nov 2 13:34:39 EDT 2007

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if mongrel has a built-in timeout for requests that
take too long?  If so, how do you increase it?

I've found that some server requests are timing out.  Complicated
requests are already being farmed out to asynchronous processes.  But
some of the more basic requests are timing out when we have our peak
server load in the mornings (the bottleneck is the database server).

There are a couple possible locations for the timeout I'm seeing:

1. Mongrel
2. Lighttpd
3. Client browser / application

On my local development server, it does not timeout, leading me to
believe it's not #3.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete