[Mongrel] Mongrel + apache 2.2 + proxy error

Matt Su lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Nov 1 06:37:07 EDT 2007

Hi Dave thanks for replying

Does this mean that when a request comes in, Apache doesn't hand off the
request to Mongrel until it has received the entirety of the request?
If not, how does Apache know the connection has been closed/client has
stopped sending data.

I thought it worked (roughly) like:

1 Apache receives beginning of request (Content-length headers and so
2 Apache forwards request to Mongrel
3 Mongrel begins reading request (in my case uploading a 3 MB file over
a slow connection)

In the above scenario, if the client stopped sending data, would it not
be Mongrel that raised the error?

Thanks very much!