[Mongrel] mongrel_cluster + mongrel_upload_progress + drb +capistrano + docs

Craig Box craig at itpartners.co.nz
Tue May 22 22:51:10 EDT 2007

> First, I can't get lib/upload.rb to run in the background...

The version at
http://itblog.mcgeecorp.com/2007/5/15/mongrel-upload-progress-demo uses
the 'daemons' rubygem to do this for you...

> Second, once I've started it as a daemon or service, how would I stop
it?

... as per
http://www.mcgeecorp.com/downloads/upload-progress-demo.README.txt, all
you need to do is

ruby lib/upload_progress_server.rb start
ruby lib/upload_progress_server.rb stop

> Last, I don't know how to add the -S flag to the
> mongrel_cluster command at startup

In your mongrel_cluster.yml file, add this line:
config_script: config/mongrel_upload_progress.conf

Craig

(P.S. I hope upload progress updates for you.. doesn't for me *sniff*)