[Mongrel] mongrel_cluster + mongrel_upload_progress + drb + capistrano + docs

Jeff Dean jeff at zilkey.com
Tue May 22 21:25:24 EDT 2007

I just got the mongrel_upload_progress set up with drb and the setup was
quick and easy, thanks to the good documentation on
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/docs/upload_progress.html

I'd like to get this set up with capistrano, but there are 3 things I can't
figure out:

   - First, I can't get lib/upload.rb to run in the background - I'm not
   familiar with setting services or daemons up on *nix, so this could be very
   easy and I just don't know how to do it
   - Second, once I've started it as a daemon or service, how would I
   stop it?
   - Last, I don't know how to add the -S flag to the mongrel_cluster
   command at startup

Once I get those two things figured out, I'll be able to get the whole thing
on capistrano.

Anyone know how to get upload.rb running in the background and the cluster
to call the -S flag?