[Mongrel] Process safe log files with multiple mongrels

Kirk Haines wyhaines at gmail.com
Tue May 22 18:50:13 EDT 2007

On 5/22/07, Matthew Margolis <mrmargolis at wisc.edu> wrote:
> I have a rails application that runs on multiple mongrels and I would
> like to make the log files non-interlacing.  Are there any logging
> modifications/other loggers out there that I could use to create
> process safe logging?

You could try my asynchronous logger, Analogger --

It will take logging input from N clients (where N is currently a
number up to about 1000) and write it to logging destinations quickly
and efficiently.

Mongrel itself can be told to write log files to different log files,
depending on the hostname and port it is running on, though, if it's
mongrel logs that you are asking about.

Kirk Haines