[Mongrel] No return status from mongrel upload progress (and thus no updates on the bar)

Craig Box craig at itpartners.co.nz
Sun May 20 00:48:47 EDT 2007

To reply to my own message..

> Anyway, are you running the upload.rb mentioned on the site?  I forgot to
> execute that script along with mongrel a couple times and couldn't figure
> out what was wrong.  I also changed all the IPs  serving drb to
> and it worked at that point.  It was hard to gauge the upload
> progress because I only tested it on my local LAN so all uploads were at
> 100% within a second.  However, it seemed to be working fine.

Running with or without DRb doesn't matter.

If I manually connect to where the log suggests my 200 OKs are coming from, I get similar output to http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/mongrel-users/2006-December/002584.html -

try {

} catch (e) { alert('RJS error:\n\n' + e.toString()); alert(''); throw e }

with no JS to actually change the content of the bar.

I don't have any routes to change (as per http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/mongrel-users/2007-February/002995.html) and I am not using it behind a proxy.

Any of this jog any memories with anyone?