[Mongrel] Warning: mongrel_service and users of mysql

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sat May 19 16:05:40 EDT 2007

Hello Mongrels,

I know I've been promising an update to mongrel_service, I'm working
on it, and will shine, I promise.

Anyway, for those using mongrel_service with MySQL, 5.x community
series, I must inform:

There is a bug report at mysql (#25621) [1] that describe the
situation with sleeping threads that didn't respond in timely fashion.

That bug causes mongrel_service to stop abnormally (premature
termination, broken pipe and other errors describing the same
situation.

As far mongrel and ruby code is involved, mongrel_service send the
right things to stop them, but mysql driver add delays and take longer
in release these locks, making the service fail.

Wanted to share this with the list, for those without luck that
couldn't get into RailsConf this year ;-)

Good weekend everybody.

[1] http://bugs.mysql.com/25621

--
Luis Lavena