[Mongrel] Timeout message

John Lauck john-subscribed at recaffeinated.com
Tue May 15 11:19:25 EDT 2007

Pete, i had a problem with mongrel sleeping and resulting in errors (I think
404).  It essentially made it look like the app wasn't running and then it
would (reluctantly) start  after a browser refresh.  I can't remember the
specific error.  Anyway, my solution was to create a script that polled my
rails apps every 15 minutes to an hour and kept them alive.

This might be something completely different, but it sounds somewhat