[Mongrel] mongrel becoming unresponsive

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Tue May 8 11:33:41 EDT 2007

On 5/8/07, Pete DeLaurentis <pete at nextengine.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the explanation Luis.  This makes good sense.  It seems
> like Mongrel is intercepting the stdout + sterr (puts it all into
> mongrel.log), but it's not good to work with something that isn't
> threadsafe.
> Makes me wonder if the rails logs are safe if you write to them from
> different mongrels in a cluster.  Any experience with this?

Are safe only under the following conditions:

2 Mongrels in the cluster don't get hit at the same time, with the
same request that takes the same time to parse and process...

That means: no :-)
(Even under labs conditions that couldn't be granted).

Page sharing of files opened between process is something difficult to
achieve, I'll suggest 1 log file per process on each port, which will
reduce chances of logfiles get corrupted.

> Thanks,
> Pete

You're welcome.

Good week,