[Mongrel] why put .pid's in log instead of tmp?

Matte Edens matte at ruckuswireless.com
Mon May 7 14:46:03 EDT 2007

So just change your config files.  Easy peasy.

Best practice, if using mongrel_cluster, is to throw it into a directory
like what you're suggesting.  In the announcement thread for
mongrel_cluster 1.0.1.1 it's recommended to config for using the
/var/run directory.  But you can choose what you want.

FYI

matte - matte at ruckuswireless.com