[Mongrel] mongrel becoming unresponsive

Pete DeLaurentis pete at nextengine.com
Mon May 7 12:06:20 EDT 2007

Thanks for the tips Miles.  One of them really hit home:

I love writing to stdout, and it's all over the place in my app.
It's great because you can run your scripts / apps as foreground and
get a live trace, or daemonized and it goes to the log file.  Your
warning on this one sounds like the voice of experience, and I
believe it.  But I'd like to understand the details.

Any ideas why this is a dangerous thing to do?

Thanks,
Pete

BTW. I don't know if lighty has a keepalive feature, but I'll look
into this.   Sounds like it was the main issue for you, and it could
be for me too.