[Mongrel] mongrel becoming unresponsive

Pete DeLaurentis pete at nextengine.com
Sat May 5 21:33:53 EDT 2007

Hi Mike,

My mongrels are dying too, but running behind Lighttpd.  Are you
seeing anything in the logs?  I see absolutely nothing.  Just the
last request that went through... but it's pretty old.

At first, I thought it might be my version of Ruby or Rails.  But now
I've tried all sort of combinations, and rebuilt all the gems each
time (based on advice on this forum).

My solution for now is to run a few mongrels, and have Monit restart
them when they become unresponsive.  I have a few die each day.

Zed, is there anything we can do to debug this further?  Is there a
good place we can put some logs in the Mongrel code?  Or something we
can try the next time they go down?