[Mongrel] mongrel becoming unresponsive

Michael P. Soulier msoulier at digitaltorque.ca
Sat May 5 21:04:11 EDT 2007

I'm running mongrel behind apache via proxypass. Every now and then, a spammer
tries to proxy traffic through apache, and for some reason, apache forwards
the request to mongrel, even though it's not a site being hosted by me.

At times this seems to cause mongrel to become unresponsive, and all requests
to the site then fail with a proxy error until mongrel is restarted.

I'm not sure of how to troubleshoot this issue. Help appreciated.

direction." --Albert Einstein