[Mongrel] possible fix for mongrel hangs

Miles Egan miles at pixar.com
Fri May 4 11:05:04 EDT 2007

We've been experiencing the same kinds of hangs other people have
described here lately.  For no obvious reason our mongrel processes
just freeze up and nothing short of a kill -9 can retrieve them.
This is in a standard linux apache 2.2/balancer setup.

Anyway, following some threads online I tried adding these directives:

     SetEnv force-proxy-request-1.0 1
     SetEnv proxy-nokeepalive 1

To the apache config and I haven't seen a hang all week.  Sorry I
don't have a more scientific explanation for this or ideas for a
deeper fix but these might be worth a try if you're stuck.

--
miles