[Mongrel] Problems with mongrel_cluster 1.0.1.1 on FreeBSD

Pat Maddox pergesu at gmail.com
Fri May 4 05:22:23 EDT 2007

I'm running FreeBSD 6.1 and installed the 1.0.1.1 mongrel_cluster
prerelease.  I had a problem with the mongrels not stopping, and it
turns out it's because ps is reporting my processes as just
[ruby18]

instead of someting more like "mongrel_rails start -d ......."

Not sure why it's doing that, but it is.  Any ideas?

For the time being I just changed line 165 of init.rb to read
pid = ps_output =~ /mongrel_rails|ruby18/ ? pid : nil

and that's working fine.

Pat