[Mongrel] Mongrel Service won't start on windows

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 23:59:29 EDT 2007

On 3/30/07, Matthew McKnight <matt.mcknight at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone had much luck with using the srvany.exe approach with
> mongrel? I see some scattered references to it in the archives...
> We've used it for Java processes, but they generally don't stop
> gracefully with srvany.

One question I have, also raised in previous mails in this list, where
is your ruby.exe located?

Please see the bug post here [1] and my previous mail with Kaushik [2]

srvany is the oposite mongrel_service tries to do: stop gracefully the service.

That way is the same like send kill -9 to your process in linux, they
will stop, but nasty things could happen.

I'll apply the patch provided by David Esposito and pack a release in
the next days with proper handling of logging capabilities.

[1] http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=8372&group_id=1306&atid=5147
[2] http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/mongrel-users/2007-March/003370.html

Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems