[Mongrel] mongrel and vista

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 16:17:32 EDT 2007

On 3/29/07, kaushik.ghose <kaushik.ghose at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply Luis
>
> > Will be very helpful if you provide the logs (servicefb.log and
> > mongrel_service.log) both located into ruby\bin directory.

> # Logfile created on 28/03/2007 17:54:32
>
> native/process.bas:44, fb.process.spawn:
>    Spawn() init
>
> native/process.bas:50, fb.process.spawn:
>    Success in AllocConsole()
>
> native/process.bas:105, fb.process.spawn:
>    Creating child process with cmdline: ruby.exe C:\Program
> Files\ruby\bin\mongrel_rails start -c d:\research\rriki -p 3000 -e
> production

I noticed that you have ruby installed in a folder with spaces.

That often arraise some issues. (couldn't figure out every issue with
spaced names, bear on me).

I will check what could be patched in the current code for next release.

For the time being, try relocating your ruby installation to something
more freindly, like C:\Ruby.

(Like Python or Perl do).

> [...]
> --------------------------------- Continues in this vein, for a few more
> tries ------------------

Yep, it tries several times to get the ruby process running.

> > mongrel_rails start -c "C:\Path\To\My\Application" -p 3000 -e production
> That works
>
> > mongrel_service console single -c "C:\Path\To\My\Application" -p 3000
> -e production
>
> No errors, but the application isn't available. i.e. webbrowser doesnot
> return a page.

mongrel_rails will work, but mongrel_service wouldn't since spaced
names (non-quoted actualy) are in the way.

> I'm running a console with regular (local user) privileges
>

> Thanks!
> -Kaushik

No problem :-)

--