[Mongrel] Mongrel Service won't start on windows

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 16:11:05 EDT 2007

On 3/29/07, Matthew McKnight <matt.mcknight at gmail.com> wrote:
> Forgot to mention it was working swell before upgrade to install of
> 1.8.5-21 which cleaned out my gems and then gem install of latest
> Mongrel/Mongrel Service.

Which version of rails was you using?

> Are these pulling the right win32-service gem?

win32-service gem is only used for installing - removing the service.

Will be safer if you remove previous version of mongrel_service since
mongrel_service.exe could clash with mongrel_service script, both
located in ruby\bin folder.

> Would love for there to be a good way to get back....

I know how you feel. Will also be good to know if you're running a
32bits or x64 bits version of Windows, since WinAPI shown some issues
between platforms.

--
Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems