[Mongrel] Apache Load Balancer Manager With Mongrel

Jake Dempsey angelo0000 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 22:28:43 EDT 2007

Thanks for the answer on server::start...that makes sense, just wanted to
make sure I was not doing anything incorrectly.  I am now running 3 mongrel
servers as windows services (mongrel_cluster is not supported for windows).
I have apache configured with with mod_proxy_balancer from the instructions
at http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/docs/apache.html.  I am able to access my
app without a port number so I am guessing it is load balancing to the
mongrel servers.

My questions are:

1.  I have added the balance-manager piece (had to remove the Deny All to
not get a 403), but I only get a page that says: "Load Balance Manager for
localhost" and thats it....Can anyone help me with this?

2. How can I view the current load on the mongrel servers?  Would this be
done via the Load Balance Manager that I can not seem to get running?

BTW...So far, I am loving mongrel over my current fcgi setup.

--
Jake Dempsey
www.watij.com