[Mongrel] [ANN] Another mongrel_cluster prerelease 1.0.1.1

Carl Lerche carl.lerche at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 12:01:44 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm not sure if it's a slight bug with mongrel_cluster or me, but I'm
having some trouble running mongrel cluster with --clean in different
directories than the root of the rails app.

It doesn't look like mongrel_cluster changes the working directory
anywhere (based off of the config file, but just passes the working
directory on to mongrel_rails. This is fine, except when it tries to
check the pid files. Does this make sense?

thanks,
-carl

On 3/27/07, Bradley Taylor <bradley at railsmachine.com> wrote:
> Hi Michele:
>
> Thanks for the freebsd report. I think there is a way for you to mount
> /proc to support linux process environment emulation.
>
> I'll also gladly accept a patch from anyone for 'ps' syntax that cause
> this warning.
>
> I think we'll release it as is today and due a quick patch if someone
> provides a fix.
>
> Regards,
> Bradley Taylor
> http://railsmachine.com
>
> Michele wrote:
> > Bradley,
> >
> > It seems to work on FreeBSD (I had to delete all gems before it
> > actually worked), even though I still get this:
> >
> > Checking all mongrel_clusters...
> > mongrel_rails cluster::status -C config.yml
> > ps: Process environment requires procfs(5)
> > ps: Process environment requires procfs(5)
> > ps: Process environment requires procfs(5)
> > ps: Process environment requires procfs(5)
> > ps: Process environment requires procfs(5)
> >
> > Best,
> > - MF
> >
> > --
> > Michele Finotto
> > http://finotto.org/
> > http://16bugs.com/
> > http://pagety.com/
> >

> > On Mar 20, 2007, at 15:53 , Bradley Taylor wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all...
> >>
> >> Hopefully this is the last prelease. If people on non-linux systems
> >> could post back any problems with cluster::status, I'd appreciate it.
> >>
> >> Install with:
> >> gem install mongrel_cluster --source http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/
> >> releases/
> >>
> >> Note: This is only an update to mongrel_cluster and not Mongrel or
> >> other
> >> gems.
> >>
> >> Details about what's new (if you missed the first prerelease):
> >> http://blog.railsmachine.com/2007/2/26/mongrel_cluster-
> >> prerelease-1-0-1-1
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Bradley Taylor
> >> http://railsmachine.com

EPA Rating: 3000 Lines of Code / Gallon (of coffee)