[Mongrel] BAD CLIENT error with mobile phone access

Kyle Kochis kylekochis at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 13:45:07 EDT 2007

First, don't use Instant Rails for production. It should only be used for
development. period.
The reason for this error is because Mongrel is very strict on HTTP and
kills things that aren't valid.
Someone else on the list might be able to help you on actually getting
mongrel to play nice with your phone. But keep in mind that you still can't
guarantee that every phone or hand-held out there is going to send in valid
(or even sorta kinda valid) requests that will work with mongrel.
Kyle