[Mongrel] BAD CLIENT error with mobile phone access

Ben Thio thio.ben at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 13:20:19 EDT 2007

Hello!

Can someone help a newbie?

I'm using Instant Rails which has Mongrel configured inside.

I'm running a web application and everything works fine.

However, when I try to access my site using my mobile phone (a Nokia
3230) and its in-built web browser, i get the following error:

Bad Client (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX):Invalid HTTP format, parsing fails

I believe it is because I am not using a standard browser.

If I am not too concerned about security here, how would I fix this?
Can someone advise?

Thanks!

Ben