[Mongrel] [ANN] fastthread 1.0

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 01:31:22 EDT 2007

On 3/21/07, MenTaLguY <mental at rydia.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 10:09 +0530, hemant wrote:
> > Well, yes Mutex constant is not defined, but i wonder why?  As far my
> > code is concerned, i am not doing a explicit require on either thread
> > or fastthread.
> Could you please humor me and try?

Well mental,

I have similar setup at couple of machines, where we upgraded to ruby
1.8.6, but machines on which mongrel is still able to start is using
fastthread :

fastthread (0.6.3)

On the other hand, the machine on which i am having problem is having
fastthread 1.0 ( i updated to fastthread 1.0)

So i added require 'thread' at the top of environment.rb file, yet i
get the above said error. I also tried adding require 'fastthread' in
place of environment.rb, to no avail.

On the other hand, if i start IRB and do :

irb(main):001:0> require 'rubygems'
=> true
irb(main):002:0> require 'fastthread'
=> true