[Mongrel] Daemonizing a camping server

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Tue Mar 20 10:04:58 EDT 2007

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 14:17:07 +0100
"Dimitri Aivaliotis" <aglarond at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Zed,
>
> On 3/15/07, Zed A. Shaw <zedshaw at zedshaw.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:23:41 -0400
> > Matt Zukowski <mzukowski at urbacon.net> wrote:
>
> > Sorry Matt, I've been travelling a lot lately and missed this.
> >
> > > !!!!!! UNHANDLED EXCEPTION! closed stream.  TELL ZED HE'S A MORON.
> >
> > It says tell ZED not the mongrel-users mailing list. :-)
> >
> > Anyway, the exception is a weird one since it's saying that you've
> > opened this port and then it's closed right away.  You'll have to give
> > me sample code and the platform information so I can replicate it
> > better.  I'm thinking it might be something strange about this platform
> > when a client closes right at the accept point.
>
> Was there any follow-up here?  Anyways, I've got the same problem as
> Matt.  My OS is FreeBSD (6.2-RELEASE); the problem happens with and
> without accf_http loaded; below is a minimal test script to reproduce
> the problem and a sample of the log output.  Be sure to kill the
> process shortly after starting it, or you'll fill the partition where
> the log is written.

No, I downloaded the latest 6.2 fbsd so I can try to debug this, but
I've got a lot going on right now.  Really it seems fbsd has decided to
change the semantics of accept so that you get an errno when the client
closes before the accept completes.

Hey, if you could change the statement that prints out that message to
also print out what exception class and then shoot me the new stack
trace that'd help quite a bit.

http://www.zedshaw.com/
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/