[Mongrel] [ANN] fastthread 1.0

MenTaLguY mental at rydia.net
Tue Mar 20 00:59:25 EDT 2007

Well, just when I thought I was out of the fastthread business...

Okay, in brief:

fastthread is a Ruby extension which re-implements the primitives in
Ruby's thread.rb in C.  It was merged into 1.8.6, replacing the old
thread.rb implementation, but the version that was merged had a couple
serious bugs.

So -- now I release fastthread 1.0, which is basically the Ruby 1.8.6
version with the fixes applied.  You can use it as a hotfix for 1.8.6
until the next 1.8.x version is released, and of course it should still
work for speeding up older versions of 1.8 as well.

Gems and source are available via the mongrel RubyForge project:

http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=1306

Let me know if you guys have any more problems.

-mental