[Mongrel] mongrel, apache 2.0 & ss

magic hat magic_hat60622 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 16 12:22:32 EDT 2007

Okay, thanks to all for the help.

This is now working fine. I just needed a separate ssl conf file that mirrored my standard conf file with the exception of the last line: RequestHeader set X_FORWARDED_PROTO 'https'

Patrick Berry <pberry at gmail.com> wrote:

On 3/16/07, magic hat <magic_hat60622 at yahoo.com> wrote: I need to deploy an app that requires SSL on a linux/apache 2.0 server that cannot be upgraded to apache 2.2.

I'm a bit concerned that using pound and avoiding apache entirely will mess up my Plesk setup, but I'm willing to take a gamble on that, or any other approach that someone's found effective. Suggestions?

This is entirely doable (as we have just that very setup in production right now).  I have a page for the docs site into Zed for review that details the steps (sans SSL, but that's just apache config).  The key to the whole thing is from this article (previously posted on the list):

http://times.usefulinc.com/2006/09/13-mongrel-apache20

I would also recommend using the latest pre-release mongrel_cluster, as there are just too many good features in there to not use it.

Pat