[Mongrel] need help writing a plugin - Still hoping for an answer :-)

Jan Svitok jan.svitok at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 06:37:20 EDT 2007

On 3/15/07, Jeroen Houben <jeroen at supercool.nl> wrote:
> Jeroen Houben wrote:
> > Hi Zed, thanks for your reply.
> >
> > Okay I understand the theory, but how do I continue? I thought simply
> > returning from my process() method would do the trick, but the code
> > below doesn't work, it gives a 404 for files that do exists, but are not
> > flv. I just want any file that is not .flv to be served normally.

Hi,

if nobody answers, maybe you can resort to reading the mongrel sources ;-)

look in lib/mongrel.rb for

              # Process each handler in registered order until we run
out or one finalizes the response.
              handlers.each do |handler|
                handler.process(request, response)
                break if response.done or client.closed?
              end

              # And finally, if nobody closed the response off, we finalize it.
              unless response.done or client.closed?
                response.finished
              end

The sources are pretty readable, so you should find your way pretty
fast. I suspect that the problem is that the "normal processing"
plugin is not there. See the lines just after those I posted. Or add
some traces there to see what's going on(like what handlers are tried
etc.)