[Mongrel] ruby 1.8.6 includes fastthread?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 20:28:32 EDT 2007

On 3/13/07, Rob Sanheim <rsanheim at gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks like fastthread was rolled into 1.8.6:
> http://svn.ruby-lang.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/tags/v1_8_6/NEWS?revision=12055&view=markup
> Does that mean once we upgrade to 186 we can forget about rubygem version?

Yep, guess next mongrel release will force 1.8.6, dropping
cgi_multipart_eof_fix and fastthread. (or at least, hope so, provide
support for every weird setup of gems, ruby installations and gems is
a hell, worse than dll hell on windows).

Also some good news in the win32 front, but will investigate this
weekend about VC8 performance against stock 1.8.6 (which guess will be

Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems
is worthwhile.
Vince Lombardi