[Mongrel] dropping lighty+fastcgi and moving to apache+mongrel in production

Michael Steinfeld mikeisgreat at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 14:59:47 EDT 2007

Most of my machines have apache+mongrel running but the mongrels are using
the localhost.
In my production environment, I have 4 boxes. I have setup 2 http servers (
apache 2.2.4 ) and 2 app servers. They are currently using lighttpd+fastcgi.
Which I am changing this week.
I want to get advice from you guys before I actually do this since this is
my production env.

I have installed apache on the the 2 https servers and will serve local
content in app/public on them both, but in my cluster.conf file on my
staging server I use:

BalancerMember http://localhost:port(s)

Since I have 2 app servers (separate boxes), I plan on running 10 mongrels
on each.. I am assuming I just simply use:

Should this be identical on both http servers?

So I would have a total of 20 entries per conf on each http server ( 10x2
mongrels for 2 app servers ).

Otherwise I am assuming the setup is the same as if they were local
mongrels. If you guys can let me know if I am on the right track here I
would appreciate it.