[Mongrel] bad URI(is not URI?): c:\boot.ini

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Thu Mar 8 13:11:24 EST 2007

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 10:57:06 +0000
Kris Leech <krisleech at interkonect.com> wrote:

> Please note this message is not related to my previous one from
> yesterday, this is on a different server (textdrive server).
> I have only one mongrel application running but 'randomly' it will go
> down, the mongrel.log file shows:
>
> ERROR: undefined method 'request_uri' for #<URI::Generic:0x5383948 URL:*>
> ERROR: bad URI(is not URI?): c:\boot.ini
> [FATAL] failed to allocate memory

Dammit, THIS is why I refused to add support for those idiots who
insist on making GET requests with a full URL.  It's just one more
attack vector and I can't validate the code in Ruby's URI parsing.

I'll probably make this optional then for those people who don't care
about IE on a localhost setup.

http://www.zedshaw.com/
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/