[Mongrel] Lighttpd + Mongrel Upload Progress Problem

Pete DeLaurentis pete at nextengine.com
Wed Mar 7 19:35:15 EST 2007

Hi guys,

I had mongrel_upload_progress working very sweetly on my dev machine,
where mongrel was acting directly as the webserver.  But when I went
to production it stopped working.

The Problem: On our production server we use Lighttpd, and it looks
like lighty is buffering the whole upload and then giving it to
Mongrel in a big chunk.  This pretty much screws up the whole point
of using mongrel_upload_progress.

Has anyone found a workaround for this, or a way to get Lighttpd to
stream the file to mongrel (or let mongrel handle it entirely)?
Showing progress is important to my application.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete