[Mongrel] Lighttpd + Mongrel Upload Progress Problem

Pete DeLaurentis pete at nextengine.com
Wed Mar 7 19:35:15 EST 2007

Hi guys,

I had mongrel_upload_progress working very sweetly on my dev machine,
where mongrel was acting directly as the webserver.  But when I went
to production it stopped working.

The Problem: On our production server we use Lighttpd, and it looks
like lighty is buffering the whole upload and then giving it to
Mongrel in a big chunk.  This pretty much screws up the whole point
of using mongrel_upload_progress.

Has anyone found a workaround for this, or a way to get Lighttpd to
stream the file to mongrel (or let mongrel handle it entirely)?
Showing progress is important to my application.

Any help would be much appreciated.