[Mongrel] Memory leaks in my site

Kirk Haines wyhaines at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 11:39:51 EST 2007

On 3/7/07, Alexey Verkhovsky <alexey.verkhovsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> Having RTFMed on the issue, Mongrel's max number of SOCKETS is 1024, due to
> the use of select(). And in my case yesterday it was running out of file
> descriptors way before it hit this limit.
>
> As for threads and their associated context using up memory. This may well
> be the case. Why does it stay at 150 Mb forever after the load is off,
> however?

Analyzing details about where RAM is going is an exercise in patience.

A quick and hopefully stupid question here, though...are you using an
older version of Mongrel?  Or are you doing anything that creates an
array and then shifts values off of it?

shift() has a dumb assed (made moreso by the fact that, at least as of
1.8.5 it still exists) bug in it that will mess with your RAM usage
badly, especially if you have large things in your array.

Kirk Haines