[Mongrel] Memory leaks in my site

Kirk Haines wyhaines at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 11:30:53 EST 2007

On 3/7/07, Jim Powers <rancor at mindspring.com> wrote:

> What file descriptor limit are you referring to?  A typical Linux
> <default> ulimit on file descriptors is 1024, which should be more than
> enough for the test Ken is performing.

It depends on how quickly it outruns the handler's ability to process
the requests.

Consider the last httperf command that he gave:

httperf --server --port 3000 --rate 80 --uri /my_test
--num-call 1 --num-conn 10000

10000 connections is plenty enough to run out of file descriptors if
he's only managing to process, say, 70 requests per second.

Kirk Haines