[Mongrel] Memory leaks in my site

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Wed Mar 7 13:45:01 EST 2007

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 04:14:57 -0700
"Kirk Haines" <wyhaines at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/6/07, Alexey Verkhovsky <alexey.verkhovsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 3/6/07, Ken Wei <2828628 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > This is exactly what Mongrel does when it cannot cope with the incoming
> > traffic. I've discovered the same effect today.
> I think it's fair to make a distinction here.

And one more distinction:  You can use the -n parameter to set a max
allowed concurrent connections limit.  What Mongrel does is when it
hits that limit, it rejects the current connection, then goes through
the list of active threads and starts killing any that are older than
about 60 seconds.

So, if people think they're overloading Mongrel with too many threads,
they can easily test it by setting -n to say 30, thrashing it, and then
looking at either the screen output or mongrel.log (if you started as a