[Mongrel] Long URLs - New to Mongrel

Patrick Berry pberry at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 10:01:22 EST 2007

The HTTP protocol does not place any a priori limit on the length of
   a URI. Servers MUST be able to handle the URI of any resource they
   serve, and SHOULD be able to handle URIs of unbounded length if they
   provide GET-based forms that could generate such URIs. A server
   SHOULD return 414 (Request-URI Too Long) status if a URI is longer
   than the server can handle (see section 10.4.15).

My bad...still...that's a lot of data.