[Mongrel] Memory leaks in my site

Ken Wei 2828628 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 00:06:17 EST 2007

I created a new rails app named 'test' which containing only a controller
and an action .
Here is the controller:

class MyTestController < ApplicationController

        def index
                render_text 'Hello!'

I keeped the setup as the same as before. Then i ran a single mongrel server
which listening on 3000 by default, and used httperf to hit the action:

httperf --server --port 3000 --rate 80 --uri /my_test --num-call

The memory usage of the mongrel server grows from 20M to 144M in 20 seconds,
it's crazy!
And i tryed Lighttpd + FastCGI to test this case, it works well. Then i
think about if i need to roll back to the fastcgi way? is the mongrel the
future of the rails community?

confused! confused! confused!