[Mongrel] Memory leaks in my site

Joey Geiger jgeiger at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 15:34:34 EST 2007

> flex_image uses rmagick... which folks have lots of issues with...

I re-wrote the bits of flex_image that I use to use mini-magick and
it's working quite nicely.
I did that when the whole discussion of "RMagick bad" came up a couple
of months ago.

On 3/6/07, Alexey Verkhovsky <alexey.verkhovsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, memory leak is the problem, and monit is just highlighting it. Is that
> correct?

For me, yes. I'm not exactly sure what is happening, but on my current
application, the only controller that was hit overnight was the monit
checker, which was enough to cause the leak.

Here's a copy of the controller, which I've tried to strip down as
much as possible. (On my current production app, it's doing 10k
requests per second :)

class MonitController < ActionController::Base
  session :off
##   this is used by the monitoring scripts to see if the mongrel is
up and running
  def index
  end
end