[Mongrel] [PIMP] Topfunky's httperf PeepCode screencast (Zed A. Shaw)

Steve Midgley public at misuse.org
Tue Mar 6 14:12:00 EST 2007

Thanks Zed - this is very interesting. One item in particular caught my
eye: Does anyone on this list have any comments or validation that
Rails 1.2.1 is 2-4 times as slow as Rails 1.1.6? Topfunky provided a
link that purports what looks like really horrible performance and
memory characteristics for Rails 1.2.1, even v. 1.1.6:

Did Rails 1.2.2 fix anything in this regard? (I didn't see any mention
of performance improvements in the dev notes).

There were some nice feature upgrades in 1.2.1 that I'm using, but it
would be great to know that performance is now a real issue (and
rolling back would fix it).

Any information?