[Mongrel] FreeBSD 6.1 mongrel_cluster and procfs message

Patrick Berry pberry at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 11:36:28 EST 2007

On 3/4/07, Jamie Orchard-Hays <jamie at dangosaur.us> wrote:
> Kirk, I followed the instructions on the following link, but no love.
> I seem to have mounted fine, but I'm getting the same error reported
> back from mongrel_cluster_ctl.
> http://os.newsforge.com/os/06/03/22/1531252.shtml?tid=8&tid=2
> Jamie

It is a ps command problem.  I ran into the same issue when testing
locally on OS X.  Options are to wait for another *pre-release* of
mongrel_cluster or making the following mod to line 164 of init.rb in
the check_process method:

old:   ps_output = `ps -o args= -p #{pid}`
new: ps_output = `ps -o command= -p #{pid}`