[Mongrel] RE : Re: Deployement options

tom wang tomawng at yahoo.fr
Thu Mar 1 18:45:15 EST 2007

Thanks a lot everybody for the answer,  I'm going to
use nginx together with a pack of mongrels....
I hadn't thought there was so much difference between
the different web framework on ruby (ie. why isn't
rails threadsafe? ) but since I'm going to go with
rails, I'll have to have more mongrels process if I
understand correctly....

A bit offtopic, what do you people think of grids like
applogic (http://www.3tera.com/applogic.html,
http://www.thegridlayer.com/index.php), is it a good
solution to scale the system has more and more
requests are being made? Has anybody ever tried using

Another question I had is what do you think of using
gentoo for the server, I have a lot of experience in
using it as my primary desktop operating system
(before I switched to mac) but I wonder if it's a good
idea on a server.... The tendency to have problems
when a gentoo installation had not been updated for a
long time and you suddenly update worries me.

Again, thanks
and thanks Zed for developing mongrel