[Mongrel] Q on cgi_multipart_eol_fix preqequisite for Mongrel on Win2K

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Thu Jun 28 14:06:19 EDT 2007

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 21:52:32 -0400
"Evan Weaver" <evan at cloudbur.st> wrote:

> Na I just kind of put it up there, as a regular installable gem, since
> you hadn't.... didn't think you were shutting me out or anything. But
> thanks.

Thanks man.  I don't remember you ever telling me you were doing this but, whatever.  I'm sure you've got a reason for maintaining it.

So, looking at the gem you've got the copyright wrong:

Copyright 2006, 2007 Cloudburst, LLC. Portions copyright 2006 Zed A. Shaw,
Yukihiro Matsumoto and used with permission. Licensed under the AFL 3.0.

It wasn't copyright me, it was actually written by Jeremy Kemper and/or Jamis Buck.  I believe Jeremy wrote the fix and Jamis packaged it then fed it to me on the down-low so I could roll it out.

Also, double check the original gem because I believe it's actually MIT or Ruby licensed, not AFL.

Utimately though, this has got to go.  I'm gonna ask around to see if this can be dropped and then I'll do a new release of Mongrel making it not required.  This really shouldn't be my or your problem at all.  Ruby guys should do proper security fixes in a timely manner so that all Ruby users do an upgrade instead of leaving it to us to put in weird back patching crap.

--
Zed A. Shaw
- Good: http://www.zedshaw.com/