[Mongrel] mongrel not daemonizing for me..

aaron smith beingthexemplarylists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 19:01:30 EDT 2007

Hey All,
I'm setting up some mongrel servers.. can't get it to daemonize.

here is my configurator block::

  config = Mongrel::Configurator.new(:host => OPTIONS[:ip]) do
    #debug('/gateway.rb',[:access,:threads])
    listener :port => OPTIONS[:port] do
      uri("/gateway.rb", :handler => RUBYAMF::MongrelServlet.new,
:num_processors => OPTIONS[:processors])
    end
    run.join
    if OPTIONS[:daemon]
      daemonize
    end
  end

Any ideas? Also I was looking in the mongrel source and see that in the
daemonize method your calling Daemon.daemonize. Is that depending on some
library? I don't see it anywhere in the ruby docs. I did find this:
http://grub.ath.cx/daemonize/ and install it but that didn't seem to help.

thanks
Aaron