[Mongrel] Mongrel under opensolars with SMF

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 16:14:28 EDT 2007

Thought I'd drop a note about my experience with running mongrel
directly under the solaris service management framework.  So far I'm
very impressed.  SMF is the solaris replacement for the init system.
It's tied much more closely to the OS and for instance doesn't use pid
files.  I've found you can completely eliminate mongrel cluster, and
for that matter the normal monitoring system like monit.  Another nice
feature is that solaris lets you easily give start/stop privileges to
non root users, so no need to use sudo when restarting mongrel via