[Mongrel] Mongrel stops responding after period of inactivity

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Sun Jul 29 23:06:58 EDT 2007

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 19:23:06 -0700
Pete DeLaurentis <pete at nextengine.com> wrote:

> PS. Does anyone know if Zed has any future bug-fix releases or
> updates planned?  I believe the last release was January, right?

Nope, Zed doesn't.

You should run strace on your "dead" processes and gdb.  If I can find the time I'll do a write-up, but what you're looking for is Ruby cycling over one or many open files.  These will usually be something like memcache, database, or some other external service.

Zed A. Shaw
- Good: http://www.zedshaw.com/
- Evil: http://yearofevil.com/