[Mongrel] GemPlugin or Mongrel::HttpHandler subclass

Matt Zukowski mzukowski at urbacon.net
Wed Jul 25 17:19:07 EDT 2007

Camping basically gives you a clean and simple MVC
(Model-View-Controller) platform. Same as Rails, but a lot more
light-weight and, in my opinion, better suited for faceless daemons like
the one you're writing. In terms of the niceties you get with Camping --
for one, you can easily map your URLs to specific methods. So an HTTP
POST to URL "/foo?id=9" can be mapped to method "post(id)" in module
"Foo". There's also a nice view component that lets you render templates
using Markaby -- ruby markup that generates XML..... but this is all
probably beyond the scope of this newsgroup. Have a look at